Andy Burton Dip PFS
Independent Financial Adviser
Andy offers a comprehensive range of independent financial advice services and is based in our Plymouth office and is therefore ideally placed to cover the surrounding areas of Ivybridge, Exeter and the South Hams. He also services clients throughout the wider South West including Devon, Dorset, Somerset and Gloucestershire. Whether you require guidance for individual, family or business money matters, he’s here to help.
Benefiting from over 17 years of experience in financial services, Andy has a deep technical knowledge. With expertise ranging from personal pensions and investments to protection and insurances, Andy will guide you through the available products to ensure you get the best financial advice and make the right financial decisions for you.
Andy prides himself on giving advice in a way that is clear and easily understood.
Experience and background
Andy has a strong background in paraplanning which has provided him with a deep technical knowledge of financial products. More recently Andy qualified as a Financial Adviser whilst working for a high street bank and is currently studying towards his Chartered Planner status.
Prior to advising on investment and pension matters, he started his financial career in a high street building society as a Mortgage Adviser. Andy has recently joined TFA and holds the Certificate in Mortgage Advice & Practice (CeMap), the Certificate in Regulated Insurance (CeRGI) and the Diploma in Financial Planning (DipPFS) from the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Savings and investments advice. Whether orientated towards income, capital growth, or both.
- Pension planning. Including guidance on accumulating pension savings cost-effectively. Plus, managing the withdrawal of funds in retirement in the most tax-efficient way.
- Corporate risk management. Helping you plan to ensure the continuity of businesses in the event of the loss of key personnel. Making provisions for contingency funds to allow for the purchase of shares in the event of retirement or death.
- Financial protection. A range of personal and family safety net measures, including life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection.
- Estate planning. Including inheritance tax mitigation through use of trust structures, investment bonds and whole of life plans.
- Group employee benefits. A range of employee benefits, including death in service, critical illness cover, sick pay arrangements and permanent health insurance.
In addition to offering a broad range of financial advice to clients Andy has a particular interest in ethical investments.
What our clients say
At TFA we seek client feedback via the independent review platform Feefo, which collects real reviews from real clients. You can read the reviews for TFA by clicking on the Feefo link below.
Andy is based in Plymouth but provides his financial advice service throughout a wide area around this base. This includes Devon, Somerset, Dorset and Gloucestershire. His service area covers Plymouth, Ivybridge, Exeter, Totnes and Newton Abbot and many other towns and villages in this region. You can arrange for Andy to visit you at home, at your place of business place, or another location locally.