Ben Nurse LLB (Hons), DipPFS
Independent Financial Adviser
Ben offers a comprehensive range of independent financial advice services based out of our St Austell office and is therefore ideally placed to cover the whole of the Devon and Cornwall region. He also services clients throughout the wider South West including Dorset, Somerset and Gloucestershire. Whether you require guidance in relation to individual, family or business money matters, Ben is here to help.
Ben is well regarded for his approachable manner and for providing bespoke advice in a way which is clear and easy to understand. Having built up an in-depth technical knowledge across pensions, investments and inheritance tax mitigation as well as personal and corporate protection, Ben will take the time to understand your personal circumstances and objectives while guiding you through the available options to ensure you make the right financial decisions for you and your family.
Experience and background
Having graduated with a Law degree, Ben opted to move into financial services with a local IFA and subsequently a large accountancy practice where he built a strong background in paraplanning which has provided him with a sound technical knowledge of financial products and strategies. He then progressed into providing independent financial advice to a wide variety of clients throughout the South West including individuals and families, company directors, trusts, and business owners.
Ben holds the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (DipPFS) from the Chartered Insurance Institute. In addition, he is a certified Pension Transfer Specialist (PTS) and holds certification in respect of Long Term Care advice and Discretionary Investment Management.
- Savings and investments advice. Devising a strategy that considers tax, risk levels and personal priorities.
- Pension planning. Including guidance on accumulating pension savings cost-effectively. Advice on achieving tax-efficient retirement fund withdrawal.
- Corporate risk management. Helping you plan to ensure the continuity of businesses in the event of the loss of key personnel. Contingency planning to allow for the purchase of shares in the event of retirement or death.
- Financial protection. A range of personal and family safety net measures, including life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection.
- Estate planning. Including inheritance tax mitigation through use of trust structures, investment bonds and whole of life plans.
- Group employee benefits. A range of employee benefits, including death in service, critical illness cover, sick pay arrangements and permanent health insurance.
In addition to offering a broad range of financial advice to clients, Ben has a particular knowledge and experience in respect of providing pension, investment and inheritance tax planning solutions to high net worth individuals. This includes private clients, company directors, professionals and business owners, including their clients or employees.
Ben is based in St Austell and provides his financial advice service in a wide area around this base. This includes Cornwall, Devon and London. His service area covers St Austell, Truro, Falmouth, Newquay, Helston, Hayle and Penzance and many other towns and villages in this region. You can arrange for Ben to visit you at home, at your place of business, or another location locally.