Dave Boardman Dip LIBF
Independent Financial Adviser
Dave offers a comprehensive range of independent financial advice services including pensions, investments, life cover, and equity release in Truro, Wadebridge and Newquay. He also services the wider Cornwall and Devon region. Whether you require guidance for individual, family or business money matters, he’s here to help.
Benefitting from many years employment in financial services, Dave is an experienced Independent Financial Adviser with expertise ranging from personal and company pensions, investments, and life cover through to equity release.
Having a Discretionary Investment Management qualification with the Chartered Institute, Dave particularly enjoys advising clients on planning for their retirement, pension planning, and investments. Dave will guide you through the available products to ensure you get the best financial advice and make the right financial decisions for you.
Dave’s friendly and personable approach focuses on imparting expert financial advice, in a way that is clear and easily understood.
Experience and background
Having undertaken a degree in Philosophy at the University of Leeds, Dave has enjoyed various advisory positions including with the major high street Banks – Barclays where he worked as a Wealth Adviser, and Halifax Bank, where he qualified as a Financial Adviser in 2009. His detailed financial planning knowledge, combined with his mortgage advice experience, means he has an in-depth understanding of complex financial decision-making.
Dave joined TFA in 2022, and has customers across the South-West, Hampshire and Dorset. He holds the Diploma in Financial Planning (DipLIBF), and Certificate in Mortgage Advice & Practice (CeMap) from the London Institute of Banking & Finance. He also holds the Certificate in Discretionary Investment Management (J10), Long Term Care (CF8) and Equity Release (ER1) with the Chartered Institute.
- Savings and investments advice. Devising a strategy that considers tax, risk levels and personal priorities.
- Pension planning. Including guidance on accumulating pension savings cost-effectively. Advice on achieving tax-efficient retirement fund withdrawal.
- Corporate risk management. Helping you plan to ensure the continuity of businesses in the event of the loss of key personnel. Contingency planning to allow for the purchase of shares in the event of retirement or death.
- Financial protection. A range of personal and family safety net measures, including life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection.
- Estate planning. Including inheritance tax mitigation through use of trust structures, investment bonds and whole of life plans.
- Group employee benefits. A range of employee benefits, including death in service, critical illness cover, sick pay arrangements and permanent health insurance.
- Later Life Mortgage Advice. Helping you find the right equity release mortgage. Incudes lifetime mortgages, second charge and secured borrowing, bridging and short time finance.
In addition to offering a broad range of financial advice to clients Dave has a particular interest in providing Pensions and retirement planning advice.
Dave is based in our Truro office but provides his financial advice service throughout a wide area around this base. This includes Cornwall and Devon. His service area covers Truro, Wadebridge, St Austell, Liskeard, Bude, Padstow, Newquay and St Ives and many other towns and villages in this region. You can arrange for Dave to visit you at home, at your place of business place, or another location locally or remotely via video or telephone call.
What our clients say
At TFA we seek client feedback via the independent review platform Feefo, which collects real reviews from real clients. You can read all the reviews for TFA by clicking on the Feefo link below.
Book an appointment with Dave
To book an appointment with Dave please call 0800 3899 708 or book directly using our booking system below. Please select the type of appointment and his availability will be shown in the calendar for you to choose from.
You can contact Dave Boardman Dip LIBF on or complete our enquiry form.
Send a Message to Dave Boardman Dip LIBF
Get in touch to contact this financial adviser directly.