John Guthrie Dip PFS
Independent Financial Adviser
An Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) in Plymouth, John offers a range of independent financial advice services to clients in Plymouth, Ivybridge, and Tavistock. He also services the wider Cornwall, Devon & Somerset region. John provides a combination of face to face and remote advice to suit his clients needs. Whether you require advice on individual, family, or business money matters, he's here to help.
John is well regarded for providing trusted financial advice in a way that is clear and easily understood, helping his clients take away the stress, confusion, and worry of complex financial decisions. His expertise ranges from pensions and investment advice to retirement planning and inheritance tax mitigation.
Experience and background
John has a broad and deep knowledge of financial services having started his career with Barclays Bank in 1985. A Financial Adviser for many years, having qualified whilst working for the Premier Banking arm of Barclays Bank where John had responsibility for 350 high net worth clients with investments from £100,000 and above. John joined TFA In 2017 and is based in our Plymouth office where he shares his financial advice with a wide range of personal and business clients. He holds the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning from the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Savings and investments advice. Devising a strategy that considers tax, risk levels and personal priorities.
- Pension planning. Including guidance on accumulating pension savings cost-effectively. Advice on achieving tax-efficient retirement fund withdrawal.
- Corporate risk management. Helping you plan to ensure the continuity of businesses in the event of the loss of key personnel. Contingency planning to allow for the purchase of shares in the event of retirement or death.
- Financial protection. A range of personal and family safety net measures, including life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection.
- Estate planning. Including inheritance tax mitigation through use of trust structures, investment bonds and whole of life plans.
- Group employee benefits. A range of employee benefits, including death in service, critical illness cover, sick pay arrangements and permanent health insurance.
What our clients say
At TFA we seek client feedback via the independent review platform Feefo, which collects real reviews from real clients. You can read all the reviews for TFA by clicking on the Feefo link below.
Book an appointment with John
To book an appointment with John please call 01752 349274 or book directly using our booking system below. Please select the type of appointment and his availability will be shown in the calendar for you to choose from.
Operating from our Plymouth Office on Langage Business Park, Plympton, John provides his financial advice service in a wide area around this base. This includes Cornwall, Devon and Somerset. His service area covers Plymouth, Ivybridge, Tavistock, Saltash and Yelverton and many other towns and villages in this region. You can arrange for John to visit you at home, at your place of business, or another location locally. John also provides advice to clients remotely via video and telephone meetings.
He works with a variety of clients including High Net Worth individuals, private clients, company directors, business owners and professionals to provide financial planning for them, their clients or employees.
You can contact John Guthrie Dip PFS on 01752 349274 or 07871 089180 or complete our enquiry form.
Send a Message to John Guthrie Dip PFS
Get in touch to contact this financial adviser directly.